It assumed that by 2025, an estimated 1.8 billion people will live in areas plagued by water scarcity, with two-thirds of the world’s population living in water-stressed regions. 1 in 9 people worldwide is unable to get safe and clean water.
Looking to the impact of scarcity, it has become necessary to talk about burning issues of current water management and water conservation trends and how we can enhance it to improve water management techniques?
Current Water Management Trends
We all are aware of the droughts and its impact in California. Viewing the seriousness of the water issues, many companies have come forward with the techniques to purify water and to treat the wastewater in domestic, commercial and institutional space. This innovative techniques enhance the conservation and sustainability of water.
Today, we have a technological solution for almost every things, then why not for water management?
Examples of Smart Water Management based on IoT
Many companies tried their hands in developing smart solutions for water. Let me share them with you.
- Smart Monitoring- To analyse water treatment system and control it from anywhere anytime
- Smart Watering Techniques to crops- Water the crops as per their requirement
- Smart Water Meters Status- Calculates the utility of water and as per the regular utility only that much amount of water is provided.
- Potable Water Monitoring- Monitors the quality of tap water
- Chemical Leakage Detection in rivers- Detects the amount of leakages or wastage thrown in river
- Swimming pool remote measurement- Controls the pool conditions and requirement of water
- Pollution levels in the sea- Controls the seawater to get contaminated
- Water Leakages- Detect the leakage and help to locate the faults
- River Floods- Monitors water level variations in water bodies.
Impact of IoT on Water Management
IoT (Internet Of Things) means inter networking physical device and embedded device over network connectivity. It helps in exchanging and collecting data. IoT is merely the future of the world. Cisco estimated that by 2020, there will be 50 billion devices connected to internet.
Imagine your smartphone alerts you about the tap open at your home or about the leakage in a pipe. You must be feeling that it is impossible to know such things. But, it is true. Through IoT, we can get the Smart Water Management Solutions. Let’s discuss the advantages of integrating IoT in water management.
- Increases the efficiency to monitor water management techniques
- Saves Cost in asset utilization, productivity and process efficiencies
- Help to locate the faults
Integrating smart technology in the water industry helps to make all the cities in the world “Smart Cities in the Near Future”.
If you want to direct submit your requirement regarding smart water management solutions click here.