Rural properties are broader than just urban areas, as they are becoming popular among property owners and managers for their cost-effectiveness. However, rural properties present unique challenges regarding real estate marketing and management, unlike urban properties. These challenges can be related to location, lack of accessibility, and limited resources, and it is where Augmented Reality (AR) comes into play. AR technology can be an innovative and powerful tool for rural property owners and managers to attract and retain customers.
It provides an immersive and interactive experience allowing customers to visualize and experience rural properties in a way that was impossible before. Since the global real estate market for rural properties is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.7% from 2021 to 2028, it is high time for real estate agents to leverage AR’s power. In this article, we will learn how AR technology can address the unique challenges and the uses and benefits of utilizing this technology for rural property owners and managers.
Benefits of AR For Rural Properties
- Enhanced Remote Property Management: AR can assist property managers in remotely managing rural properties by providing a detailed visualization of the property’s interiors and exteriors. Property managers can easily monitor the property’s condition, identify maintenance issues, and provide virtual support to customers from anywhere. It is instrumental when the property is situated in a far-away location.
- Efficient Property Marketing: AR can help property managers market rural properties more efficiently by creating immersive, interactive 3D tours and showcasing the properties’ unique features and amenities. It enables potential buyers to experience the property as if they were physically present, making it easier to decide whether to invest.
- Improved Customer Safety and Security: AR can create virtual safety and security protocols for rural properties, such as emergency exits, fire extinguishers, and other essential safety features. Property managers can also use AR to monitor and identify potential security breaches, ensuring customers feel safe and secure.
- Better Accessibility for Clients: Rural properties can be challenging to navigate due to their remote location and lack of proper transportation. AR can be used to create virtual maps and guide clients around the property, making it easier for them to navigate the surroundings, access amenities and services, and find their way around the property.
- Efficient Maintenance and Repair: Rural properties often require regular maintenance due to their remote location and harsh environmental conditions. AR can streamline maintenance and repair processes by allowing property managers to remotely identify maintenance issues, provide detailed instructions to maintenance staff, and monitor the progress of repair work. It can significantly reduce downtime and enhance the overall efficiency of maintenance and repair operations.
Examples of AR in Rural Properties
- AR-Enabled Farm Management: AR technology can enhance farmers’ understanding of their land and crops. By using AR, farmers can scan their fields and get real-time data about crop growth, soil moisture, and weather conditions. This technology can help farmers make informed decisions about irrigation, fertilizer application, and pest management.
- Virtual Livestock Showcasing: AR technology can showcase livestock to potential buyers in rural areas. Using AR, farmers can showcase their animals virtually and provide buyers with an immersive experience. This technology can also inform buyers about the animal’s lineage, health records, and performance history.
- AR-Powered Rural Tourism: AR technology can enhance the tourist experience in rural areas. Using AR, tourists can explore historical sites and landmarks, learn about local flora and fauna, and discover hidden gems. This technology can also inform tourists about local events, festivals, and attractions.
- Customized Rural Property Information: Real estate agents and managers can use AR to provide customized property information to potential buyers and tenants in rural areas. Buyers and tenants can access information about the property’s features, amenities, and history using AR. This technology can also provide virtual tours of the property and showcase the surrounding area.
- AR-Enabled Natural Resource Management: Using AR, environmental scientists and conservationists can scan the landscape and get real-time data about natural resources such as water, air, and wildlife. This technology can help in decisions about resource management and conservation efforts.
Best Practices for Implementing AR in Rural Properties
- Understand the Needs and Preferences of Rural Communities: Before implementing AR technology in rural properties, it’s critical to understand the unique needs and preferences of the local people. Gathering this information can help you create AR experiences tailored to their specific requirements and expectations, such as interactive maps of local farms, virtual tours of historical sites, or augmented reality games that showcase the area’s natural beauty.
- Choose AR Technology and Software Compatible with Rural Infrastructure: Rural areas may have limited access to high-speed internet and other advanced technologies. Therefore, choosing AR technology and software compatible with rural infrastructure is crucial. It will ensure that rural communities can access and enjoy AR experiences without technical limitations.
- Create Simple and Intuitive Interfaces: AR experiences should be designed with rural users in mind. You can reduce the learning curve and improve user adoption with simple and intuitive interfaces for easy navigation.
- Provide Adequate Support and Training for Rural Communities: Rural communities may need more experience with AR technology, which can be a barrier to adoption. Providing adequate support and training can help rural users overcome these challenges and feel confident and comfortable using AR technology. It can include user manuals, training sessions, and technical support.
- Ensure Privacy and Security Measures are in Place: Just like in commercial properties, it’s crucial to have strict policies to protect rural user’s sensitive information. By implementing data protection policies, secure data storage, and encryption technology, you can ensure that rural communities feel safe and secure while using AR technology.
How Strutt & Parker Successfully Integrated AR In Their Property- A Case Study
One of the best examples of a renowned real-estate service provider implementing AR in rural property is the UK-based company Strutt & Parker. They launched an AR app that allows clients to view 3D models of rural properties and their surroundings in real time. This technology helps clients to visualize the property’s potential and make informed decisions from a distance. By integrating AR, Strutt & Parker has increased customer engagement, decreased the need for in-person property viewings, and improved the buying process for rural properties. This technology benefits clients living far from the properties they are interested in purchasing.
The rural real estate market is on the brink of a game-changing transformation thanks to the incredible potential of AR technology. This innovation can unlock opportunities in the rural property market once limited by unique challenges. With AR technology, prospective buyers or tenants can remotely tour properties, view 3D models, and comprehensively understand the space before ever setting foot on the property. It opens up exciting possibilities for those who previously needed help to physically access rural properties due to limitations such as distance or resources.
By embracing AR technology, property owners and managers can provide their clients with an innovative and personalized experience, increasing satisfaction and retention rates. AR can transform the rural real estate market, and those who embrace it will undoubtedly be at the pinnacle of this new digital era.