Along with the technological advancements in every field, the world has become a better place to live than ever before. The popularity of smartphones and the internet has given rise to location-based services, GPS-enabled devices, smart applications and individual’s desire to share their every tiny move to the public. All these behaviours can be leveraged by using the latest technology of Geofencing.
One of the smartest use of Geofencing can be seen as the Elder Care Management. There are various Geriatric centers available around the globe that take care of the health of elderly people. They eventually meet their long-term care needs. But there are many elderly people who need extra care which such centers fail to provide. Hence, at times it becomes quite an area of concern to find caretakers to find them.
Problems with Traditional Elder Care Management:
- Difficult to track patients with memory loss. Extra care needs to be taken which leads to employing more people for such patients.
- Difficult to manage such patients ultimately leads to extra effort and time.
- It becomes difficult to track such people. At times, when the Geriatric centers tries to restrict them, then they do feel exhausted.
“As per one of the report, 35% of the caregivers for the people such people have reported that their health has gotten worse due to the care responsibilities.”
Why choose Geofencing?
It is a wise idea to track Elderly people by deploying GPS tracking system. But the time taken to reach to the lost patients cannot be reduced by implementing GPS. Therefore, GPS could be a viable option but certainly not the best one.
How to overcome the problems with Elder Care Management?
- With geofencing, the management can remotely track such patients.
- Fewer efforts and manpower is required as the management can set digital boundaries using geofencing.
- Get real-time alerts and notifications of the location of such patients.
Geofencing allows the geriatric centers to make elderly people feel free and let them roam around without being under a constant spy. It is ultimately setting up a digital boundary, thus allowing aged people to roam around freely. If they happen to cross the virtual fencing set by the geofencing, the administration would receive the notification and will bring them back in the fencing zone. This, in turn, will keep them safe without hampering their freedom.
Now we can conclude that Geofencing represents an incredibly powerful technology that can be leveraged for Elder Care Management to help elderly people keep safe without hindering their liberty. LetsNurture, being expertise in Geofencing can help you built the Elder Care Management System. You can ping us at email@example.com and also receive a free quote for the same.