India has witnessed tremendous growth on mobile Internet. As being a website development and mobile application development company, we have been closely looking at the number of Mobile Internet users of India. Recently we have find out from the report of “Avendus” that India is growing faster on mobile internet than any other country.. Here are our insights from that report.
Some Insights for Global Mobile Internet Business
- 1.5 Billion out of 2.4 billion internet users are now accessing internet from mobile either as a primary or secondary device
- Average Time on Mobile has grown up to 82 minutes per day .
- 40% of Internet users in China and 70% of Internet users in Egypt use Internet only on their mobile devices .
- iTunes is the largest music vendor in the world by some distance and Pandora is the largest radio station in the world.
- 41% of Facebook’s revenues came from mobile in Q2 2013
Now India Goes Mobile
- India’s 160 million Internet users, of which 86 million access Internet using their mobile devices
- In India 36 million smartphone users as against 60 million PC users
- 40% of searches on Google originate from mobile device in India
- Linkedin Ranks India among its top 4 growth markets for mobile usage
Business Revenue Booming through Mobile App Development
Now, let us see the growth in businesses through mobile application development.
- Bookmyshow after launching its mobile app, bookings through the app increased to 25% of its overall bookings
- 12% of bookings for Cleartrip come from its mobile app & 20% of Searches are coming from Mobile App For Cleartrip
- Indians seem to be more open to paying for content on mobile – the paid app market estimated at INR 300 Cr
- In Year 2012 India has seen 145% growth on smartphone user over year the year 2011
What are Mobile Internet revenue models in India
According to report Following are main revenue models in India.
- Paid Content
Interesting Figures about Mobile Commerce & mobile Monetization
- eBay, $13 billion of their global sales of $75 billion came from mobile devices
- Google mobile businesses – paid content and advertising – had an annual run rate of $4 billion in Q1 2013
- China’s m-commerce GMV increased 3.5 times between Q1 2012 and Q1 2013 to reach an annualized run rate of $17 billion
- India is the second largest market for Admob in the world
LetsNurture is a mobile application development company in India, which has spread its wings to explore mobile application development. The team of Mobile Application Development, working at LetsNurture believes in indulging themselves into the most challenging projects so that they can provide you with the best solutions for your business needs.